Picture Yourself Having a Blast
We are confident in the product, price and service that we offer. We aim to leave all of our customers satisfied with our service.
Please introduce yourself to our readers.
My name is Jessica Gonzalez, my husband and I own and operate Rent Event. We have been in business close to 2 years, (babies in the industry really). But in 2 short years, we have covered close to 150 events. We are confident in the product, price and service that we offer. We aim to leave all of our customers satisfied with our service.
How to choose a good photo booth rental service?
- A photo booth is a great option to provide extra entertainment for your guests, allowing them to also keep a memento of your big day. A lot of photo booth services don't include prints and let's be honest, the feeling you get when you open your wallet and see the photo booth print, or walk by your fridge and see it hanging from the magnet is priceless. Giving your guest that experience is worth the price for prints.
- Another thing to look for is privacy. That is one of the reasons why I love the inflatable and why I think is so popular. Guest tend to get crazier if no one is looking at them. Is conducive for great memories, and funky faces.
- But at the end of the day, funky faces or not, you want good picture quality. We use DSLR cameras in all of our photo booths and at least 18 megapixels per picture, that way you can always reprint them is high quality. Some photo booths use the selfie camera of a tablet or a webcam, and those sometimes don't provide good picture quality.
In your opinion, what do you think attracts people to use photo booth at weddings?
A photo booth is an inexpensive way to provide some entertainment.
Not everyone likes to dance. Some of us have two left feet. I have been to weddings where all kinds of things have been done to entertain the folks who are not "happy on their feet". One of my relatives even hired Cirque DU' Soleil acrobats (It was awesome). However, not all of us have acrobats at our disposal. A photo booth is an inexpensive way to provide some entertainment.
We live in the era of the Selfie. Selfie became a real word in 2013. We love pictures of ourselves, especially if we got all dressed up to go to a wedding. Why not jump at the opportunity to have another picture of me.
Why do you think is worth having a photo booth at a wedding?
Sometimes what makes the photo booth idea more appealing is the idea of having a picture of all your guests. At our wedding, the photographer decided to leave during the reception, so the photo booth pictures are the only ones we have of some of the guests. My cousin discovered a wedding crasher when he flipped through the photo booth pictures of his wedding. Having pictures to remember the day by, is what makes it worth it.
What are some of the best places for photo booths at a wedding?
This is a hard question because, you don't want it to be in the way, especially if a line starts forming. You want it visible, enough though so that your guests will notice it and use it as much as possible. We have had venues place the photo booth in the hallway, so it's not in the way, but some people don't notice the photo booth until they leave the party, sometimes too late, and they don't get their picture taken. If there is an open bar, I highly recommend it to be placed next to it, because alcohol and photo booths are a fun combination ;). Most venues don't have good lighting once the dancing gets started, we usually bring lots of light to make up for that.
What exactly is included in your price?
- Unlimited Pictures
- Unlimited Instant Single Prints
- Fun Props
- On-site attendant
- Personalized event graphic on the prints
- Free Setup/Tear Down
- Free Travel in the San Antonio Area!
- USB with all your pictures
Our Add-ons are:
- Scrapbook Station: $100
- Copy of Flash Drive: $20
- Photo Album: $100
- Scrapbook Station with double prints: $150
What type of camera and printer do you use?
We use a Canon DSLR for HD pictures and a DNP DS-RX1 - so you get your pictures super-fast.
What are some good tips for a photo booth wedding experience?
A scrapbook station is awesome because you get to take everyone's picture and well wishes home with you that night.
A scrapbook station is awesome because you get to take everyone's picture and well wishes home with you that night. And always make sure you invite a few people to your wedding that know how to have fun, the last thing you want is no one taking a picture or barely smiling at the camera.
What was the most memorable wedding you photographed?
It was not a wedding, it was a quinceañera, but we had a super long line and the photo booth never stopped taking pictures. It was awesome.
Was there ever a time you had to improvise?
Sure, but the trick to improvising is that it's not noticeable. If the client can tell we are improvising, we did it wrong.