20 Most Beautiful Bridal Gown Styles of 2018 (Updated for 2020)
20 Most Beautiful Bridal Gown Styles of 2018
Choosing a bridal gown is one of the most important steps in planning a wedding, especially for the bride and her closest friends and family. It’s an emotional and exciting event, and a hard decision to make to choose the perfect dress. There are so many designs and styles out there that it can be hard to narrow down what kind of dress you want. You have to consider things like what style is most flattering on you, details, color, train length, and extra accessories like the veil. Before you go to a bridal store and start trying on dresses, do some research to see what you like. Many wedding dresses are sold online now so you can sort through thousands of dress types and pick a few styles that you would like to try on. It will help the lovely store clerk who brings you dresses to try on if they know your style and what kind of dresses you are looking for. Here is a list of the 20 most beautiful bridal gown styles of 2018 to get you started.
- Long Sleeve Wedding Gowns: Long sleeves are in for 2018! This beautiful Jewel Lace Long Sleeve Wedding Dress features jewel lace applique, an A-line fit, low cut back, and chapel train for the beautifully modest but sexy bride.
- Lace and Tulle Details: Look like a modern-day princess in this romantic and dreamy Beaded Lace and Tulle Ball Gown with a beautifully shaped strapless-illusion bodice made of beaded paisley lace and a sparkle-flecked tulle skirt. The sheer illusion back is held together with a single row of pearl buttons that will leave your guests gasping with envy as you walk down the aisle.
- Illusion Gowns: This beautifully sequined Tahari Illusion Gown features illusion detailing on the high neckline with an A-line silhouette and rhinestone embellishments at the waist to leave a lasting impression of elegance with your wedding guests.
- Big Bows: Many wedding dress styles for 2018 have bows implemented into the details for a sweet added touch. This Satin Dress with Bow Detail is a stylish and sophisticated silhouette with a large bow in front for a beautiful modern detail.
- High Necklines: High necklines look elegant on modern brides while still maintaining a sexy look. This High Neck Gown with a silk skirt that cascades out from the waist into a beautiful church train.
- 50 Shades of Pink: Pink is the Pantone color of choice for wedding gowns in 2018. Try out the pink trend with this Strapless Lace Up Tulle Wedding Dress in Whisper Pink with a sweetheart neckline and mermaid silhouette featuring ruching into a beautiful tulle skirt.
Plunging necklines add a sexy touch to traditional wedding gowns
- Deep Plunging Necklines: Plunging necklines add a sexy touch to traditional wedding gowns. Try this Lace Plunge Gown for an elegant but dramatically plunging dress that will wow your wedding guests.
- Coachella Boho Lace: Boho lace is in for 2018! If you love bohemian fashion, music festivals, and a simple style, then boho is the right fit for your wedding day. Try this Lace Maxi Dress to look like the perfectly free-spirited bride.
- Modular Elements: Many brides are choosing modular wedding dresses that take practicality and function into consideration. Try choosing a convertible wedding dress that allows you to detach the train or skirt as you transition from your wedding ceremony to the reception to make moving and dancing easier. This Cap Sleeve Illusion Wedding Dress has a short sleeve beaded crop top with a detachable skirt that reveals a fun and flirty hemline for your after party.
- Off-The-Shoulder: Delicate off the shoulder dresses give a bride an elegant and graceful look. Try this Off the Shoulder Gown inspired by the 1950s that will allow you to move gracefully around the dance floor and feels feather-light for a ball gown.
Wispy feathers are the perfect lightweight detail on a wedding dress
- Wispy Feathers: Wispy feathers are the perfect lightweight detail on a wedding dress. This Ball Gown with Ruffled Skirt will make you feel like you’re walking on air with a beautiful sweetheart neckline, beaded waistline, and chapel train.
- Billowy Sleeves: Billowy sleeves give an elegant yet free-spirited appearance. Try a wedding gown with long billowy sleeves for a relaxed yet trendy wedding gown.
- Spectacular Trains and Bridal Veils: Spectacular sparkling veils and long dramatic trains are trending. Try a royalty-worthy train with this Chantilly Lace Wedding Dress with beautifully embroidered applique.
Who says a bride has to wear a dress to her wedding?
- Wedding-Worthy Pants: Who says a bride has to wear a dress to her wedding? Jumpsuits are trending for the modern bride who prefers pants to a gown. Try out the trendy look with this Bridal Jumpsuitwith a delicate camisole top and unique crossover closure at the waist, perfect for your big day or to change into for the reception.
- Crop Tops: Crop tops aren’t just trending in the regular fashion world; brides are also wearing crop top two-piece wedding gowns. This gorgeous Two-Piece Crop Top Ball Gown is the perfectly modern dress that will turn heads and make a sultry sweet statement.
- Cascading Ruffles: Try out a dramatic look on your wedding day with beautiful cascading ruffles. This Dazzling Organza Sweetheart Ball Gown with Cascading Ruffles will make you feel like a princess in the sweetheart bodice with elegant embellishments and a full-length ball gown skirt with cascading ruffles.
- Metallic Dresses: Look effortlessly chic at your wedding party in this Strapless Metallic Lace Dress featuring a feminine sweetheart neckline with a long lace skirt and side ruching for a flattering silhouette.
- The Non-Wedding Wedding Look: More and more wedding ceremonies are turning into multi-event occasions, with brides choosing a different dress for each event. There’s a dress for the rehearsal, reception, the day after wedding brunch, etc. However, some dresses like this silky plunging number from Zimmerman can be worn to all wedding-related events, even the actual wedding ceremony.
Choosing your wedding dress can be a stressful event, but it shouldn’t be. Have fun going to pick out the perfect dress that will make you feel like a stunningly beautiful princess as you walk down the aisle. Shop online and browse bridal magazines and blogs before you head to the bridal boutiques to start trying on wedding dresses. It will help everyone involved if you have some idea of what style you are looking for before you arrive at the store. Bring a few close friends and family members to help you make your big decision, but remember that it’s your wedding dress and the decision is ultimately up to you and what will make you feel like you look your absolute best on your wedding day. If you’re having trouble narrowing down dress styles, start with our list of the 20 most beautiful bridal gown styles of 2018 and you’re sure to find at least a few that spark some interest.