How to pick the right shoes for the wedding for guys (Updated for 2020)
Ok, so shoes are not a big deal for guys, right? Right.
The two show color options that people like the most when looking back on the wedding photos after the wedding is over (these are your wedding memories that you'll post all over Facebook and will be showing to your grandchildren one day) are:
Option 1, typical: black leather
- Timeless Cap Toe Oxford With Subtle Seam Details - about $315: Allen Edmonds Men's Park Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford
- Mens Wingtip Oxford Shoes - about $125: Allonsi Genuine Leather Shoes
- Clean Lines Made Of Rich Patent Leather - about $72 - $216: Florsheim Men's Tux Cap Toe Tuxedo Formal Oxford
Option 2, premium: dark "red" leather. These are suitable for some attires, but not all. They do look black from a distance but look very expensive up close. Try a few options on and see how they look on you.
- Full Grain Calf Leather Upper - about $99: COMOTEK Men's Classic Double Monk Strap Full Grain Leather Shoes
- Modern Classic Lace-up Leather Lined Perforated Shoes- about $89: GIFENNSE Men's Handmade Leather
- Lace Up Oxford With Premium Buffalo Leather And Perf Detail- about $120: STACY ADAMS Men's Tammany Dress Leather Oxford
That's it - no other options! No beige, creme, grey or any other colors you might want.
Also, you might not think of it too much, but pick a high heel - you'll look taller and more impressive, both at the altar and in the photos. Remember, you will be standing next to other men in suits - your buddies - and you want to look better so that it's crystal clear to everyone who's getting married today. Every small thing counts. How tall you appear usually is one of the most important factors to you looking "impressive."
Finally, pick comfortable, thin socks, and pick up an extra pair.
- Classic Cotton Solid & Patterned Dress Socks- about $17: Easton Marlowe Men's Socks 6pk
- High Ankle Men Casual Dress Socks Cotton- about $17: MAGIARTE Men's Dress Socks 6pk
- Men's Classics 2 Colors Dress Socks- about $15 - $23: Dockers Men's Classics Dress Dobby Crew Socks
Thin socks work well for long days like your wedding day will be, and should it rain on the day of your wedding, you will likely be taking plenty of photos in the rain - you will need a dry spare if your feet get wet.